Chateau La Conseillante 1996

Type:Red

Country:France

Region:Bordeaux

Appellation:Pomerol

Chateau La Conseillante
Per Bottle£103.99
Per Case (6 bottles)£623.94
Per Case (12 bottles)£1,247.88

Click picture to enlarge

Code CON96R1B

Maximum order: 12 bottles


Style

Full Bodied Reds

Vintage

1996

Grape

Merlot blend

Alcohol

12.9%

Size

75cl

Drink

Drink / Lay Down

Oak Style

Oaked

Grower

Chateau La Conseillante

Classification

AOC
Chateau La Conseillante situated in the Pomerol appellation of Bordeaux was named after Catherine Conseillan who ran the estate more than 300 years ago. From 1871 the La Conseillante estate was in the control of the Nicolas family, hence the "N" visible since 1871 on the shield depicted on the wine label. Five generations later the estate remains in the dedicated hands of the Nicolas family as a leading Pomerol producer, ensuring a continuous & supreme level of quality.

Merlot makes up 80% of the vineyard, round, supple, fleshy & full of concentrated dark fruit flavours while the remaining 20% is Cabernet Franc, known for its vivacious fresh red fruit flavours & tannic structure.

Deep ruby in colour, the bouquet is elegantly perfumed with red & black cherry, raspberry, blackberry & woody vanilla aromas. In the mouth exquisite clean pure black berry fruit with plum, damson & spiced cedar are enveloped in a silky tannic structure. Well rounded yet lively with mineralic

hints & gourmand notes of cocoa, freshly torn herbs & steeped red fruits in the long elegant finish. Delicious now but can age and develop further. (2012)

www.la-conseillante.com
Merlot
Cabernet Franc
A rare & beautiful Pomerol that will pair wonderfully with tender cuts of beef, including tenderloin, slow cooked beef stew with shallots, braised lamb, herbed chicken, slow roast pork, duck with a black cherry suace, forest mushroom risotto.
This wine is available in the following other vintages:

Other Pomerol wines

Quick Search

Basket

BasketYour basket
is empty

Customer Login

Email Address:

Password:

Secure ePayments by HSBC

Twitter

5:22 PM May 22nd
Learn a little about Bacchus, the darling of the English white wine world! https://t.co/odQvvaTSLO #Bacchus #EnglishWine

5:49 PM May 19th
Well done English winemakers @Winbirri on winning a Platinum Medal��at DWWA 2017 @DecanterAwards Cheers! https://t.co/scOBHXa2TE

1:22 PM May 19th
RT @Spectator_LIFE: There's a world of whisky beyond Scotch, Irish and bourbon, says @HenryGJeffreys https://t.co/5KsHdFny21

7:40 PM May 17th
Chill overkill! ❄️��Keeping Champagne refrigerated isn't recommended for anything more than short term bottle storage https://t.co/TjwzSocGdQ

5:29 PM May 15th
Fearsome Frosts have slashed yields in some French wine regions this spring, could this be a continuing trend? https://t.co/iDd6m2y5fY

Drink Aware
T Wright Wine Shop
 
© 2017 T Wright Wine - All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy - Terms & Conditions